4600 +/- ac waterfront Ranch in Archer County TX
Nestled against Lake Kickapoo, Briar Creek Ranch is a true hunters and cattleman's paradise. Located in western Archer County Texas on Hwy 422 this 4,625 acre contiguous ranch provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a premiere hunting and cattle ranch. This ranch has it all rolling terrain, immense amount of water resources, superb fencing and pens, limited to almost no hunting, excellent grazing, hardwoods, loads of quality wildlife(trophy whitetail, turkey, hogs, waterfowl, etc) The nature of the ranch provides the hunters unique opportunities that other ranches do not provide. It has only been hunted a handful of times in the past 10 yrs, absolutely no pressure, exceptional whitetail genetics and the ability to take a true trophy. With 2.5 miles of Lake Kickapoo frontage(the lake actually comes into the property in the back), and 6 miles of Briar Creek and numerous ponds and bottomland areas, waterfowl enthusiast will be quite satisfied with duck and geese opportunities. The 2 Mega Lakes on the property are stocked with fish including largemouth and catfish. For the cattlemen the ranch has been well maintained and improved over the years with recent 6 wire fencing throughout much of the ranch. Briar Creek Ranch is parceled into 3 different pastures. The owner has been persistent in mesquite and weed spraying but spraying in controlled areas as to not affect the timber and wildlife habitat, providing the ranch with good native grasses as well as an approx. 100 acre field of tillable. There is an excellent set of pens with an approx. 100 acre main trap as well as 4 baby traps for gathering and working cattle. Owner estimates that the ranch has a carrying capacity of 350 pairs. This property is rich in character, full of wildlife and is decorated with fascinating draws, elevation changes, an abundance of water. Come experience The Briar Creek Ranch!
- Located in Archer County
- 45 miles from Wichita Falls
- 111 miles from Ft. Worth
- World class trophy whitetail deer and turkey hunting.
- Exception Waterfowl
- Hogs, Coyotes, Bobcats
- 2.5 miles of Lake frontage
- 6 miles of Briar Creek
- 12 ponds
- 2 Mega Lakes
- Multiple draws and small feeder creeks
- Rainfall estimated at 26" per yr.
- Electricity located on neighboring ranch(for acceptable terms owner would be willing to bring to property)
- Rural Water Supply(for acceptable terms owner would be willing to bring to property)
- 5 wells
- 2 injection wells
- Production is old. Producers due an excellent job of maintaining roads and are not intrusive to the property.
- 100 acres of tillable
- Native Grass
- Loads of hardwoods including but not limited to oak, hackberry, elm etc
- Large Mesquite
- Flat to heavily rolling
- Several elevation changes throughout property
- Clay Loam and Sandy Loam
- Cattle Ranch and private recreational ranch
- Current Use
- Outfitter Ranch
- Corporate Entertainment
- High Fence
- Excellent 6 wire fence thorough most of the property
- 1 mile of recent 5 wire
- 3/4 mile of older 5 wire
- Cross Fencing is all recent 6 wire
- Just less then 1 mile of Hwy 422 Black Top Frontage
- Interior roads are combination of gravel and dirt
- Multitude of interior roads allowing access to entire property
- All in good to excellent condition
- Buyers agent must be identified on first contact and must be present at ALL showings of the property to the prospective buyer in order to participate in real estate commission. If this condition is not met, fee participation will be at sole discretion of the listing agent.
- All Appointments MUST be made with Listing Agent: Matt McLemore 940-781-8475
Disclaimer: Buyer's agent (if applicable) must be identified on first contact and be present at all showings in order to receive a participation fee. If this condition is not met, the commission percentage will be at the sole discretion of Mossy Oak Properties of Texas.
Disclaimer: Buyers are responsible for verifying all information and to conduct their own due diligence to their satisfaction regarding the information contained herein. No representation is made as to the accuracy of the information, including the possible value of this Real Property, type of use, zoning, amenities or rights (including without limitation, oil, gas, other minerals and/or water rights) that may or may not be available. Buyers are encouraged to consult with their tax, financial and/or legal advisors before making a final determination regarding the purchase of Real Property, and further recommends that an information, which is of special interest or importance to Buyers, should be obtained through Buyers own independent verification.
Disclaimer: Listing Agent may request financial ability to purchase property from buyer and/or buyers agents prior to scheduling a showing.
- whitetail deer