Boundless opportunity! 5909 Hwy 281, Scotland TX --85 acres with Victorian Home w 4300 sq ft of Country Charm , creek, pool and.
Old Country returns in this gorgeous Victorian style home where time seems to stand still. The home is over 4300 sq. ft and much of the original craftsmanship is still prevalent. This well maintained and updated home is situated on 85 fenced acres in Archer County north of Scotland, Texas 76379. Additional amenities include an inground pool, shop, and additional outbuildings. Privacy, peace and tranquility abound as this home sits a quarter of a mile from the main road (Hwy 281). Run a few head of cattle, let your horses roam and watch the deer play as the ducks and geese glide to landings on the ponds on the four healthy ponds.
LOCATION: 5909 Hwy 281, Scotland TX 76379
WATER: four ponds - 2 are over an acre each and Lake Creek meanders across the property
CLIMATE: average summer temp is 97 deg while average winter temp is 54 deg; average annual rainfall around 29 inches
UTILITIES: electricity, rural water
WILDLIFE: whitetail deer, hogs, dove, ducks and geese
VEGETATION: native grasses, dry land wheat, and Bermuda, hardwoods
TERRAIN: gently rolling
SOILS: Grandfield fine sandy loam, and Port and Wheatwood
ANNUAL TAXES: approximately $3,173
HOME: Built in 1920 with 4300 SQ FT of living space to include:
- esthetically appealing original woodwork and hardwood floors
- high ceilings
- separate living areas
- front LR 15'x15', other LR 14'x17'
- 6 beds / 3 baths
- master 14'x17', bed 2 - 14'x16', remaining bedrooms approx 10'x14' each
- large modern utility room
- huge kitchen with an island and room for many cooks, helpers, family and friends to gather
- dining room 12x15'
- fantastic built-ins
- exquisitely detailed fireplaces
- many original details and modern amenities too numerous to mention
- an incredible porch
- brick and wrought iron fence around the yard
- an inviting in-ground swimming pool surrounded by a privacy fence, perfect for entertaining
- landscaped and manicured yard
- 30'x40' shop with a concrete floor and a 12'x30' attached overhang
- 4 ponds (two are over an acre each)
- tree-lined Lake Creek meanders through the southern section
- whitetail deer, ducks, geese, dove, and rabbits all call this place home
CURRENT USE: ranch, recreational and residential
POTENTIAL USE: ranch, recreational and residential
NEIGHBORS: big ranches all around
FENCING: five-strand in good to excellent shape
ACCESS: gravel driveway direct from the highway
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Buyers Agents: Are welcome, representative must be identified upon first contact and accompany Buyer on all showings to participate in any commissions.
Information: All information is deemed reliable but subject to verification by buyer. Broker and/or agents do not warrant or guarantee any of the information provided.