Susquehanna County Lake Property - 42.28 ACRES
This 42.28 acre property offers an incredible opportunity to build your dream home overlooking your very own 20 acre lake with a private setting and breathtaking views. Several building sites with an existing septic system as well as an approved second location should anyone wish to subdivide and build two houses. An existing cabin and mobile home that are uninhabitable have been left standing for two reasons. First, in order to preserve the building site(s) close to the water should anyone wish to repair or completely rebuild them in place. Second, the gas lease prohibits construction of a well within 200 feet of the lake shoreline and within 350 feet of any house. Leaving the cabin and mobile home in place effectively blocks the possibility of any wells on the entire property. Coterra Energy gas lease transfers to buyer and currently averages $1000 a month in royalties. The lake was constructed in 1950 by the seller's family and is fed by two streams. The lake is stocked with Bass, Bluegill, Perch and Bullheads which offers great fishing. Plenty of deer sign on the land surrounding the lake. Mature standing timber surrounds the lake with Cherry, Maple, Ash, and Hemlock. Excellent property to hunt, trap, fish, boat, swim, water ski, hike, atv or sit by the lake and enjoy a camp fire with friends and family.
Features of the property include:
- 42.28 ACRES
-20 Acre Lake, Lakefront property
- Private setting with great views
- OGM rights included
- Minutes to Interstate 81
- Mature timber
- Good road frontage
- Terrain is rolling to flat
- Good fishing, trapping and hunting
- 46 minutes north of Scranton
- 3 1/2 hours to New York City and Philadelphia
- Cabin and mobile home will need rebuilt completely or torn down.
- Electric and County Approved septic system
- 37 minutes to Elk Mountain Ski Resort
- Parcel 107.00-1-036.00 (36 acres) does receive "preferential" (Clean & Green) tax status
- See the photo of the sellers "development concept" drawing that he created showing the septic field(s) as well as his imagination of where he planned to build his retirement home
Make this your permanent residence or vacation home. Call today and schedule a showing so you don't miss out on this beautiful property with your very own private 20 acre lake to enjoy however you please. Contact listing agent Chuck Hershner at 717-891-0933.
- small game
- whitetail deer
- hiking trails